We respect your privacy and take privacy seriously. The private information required for executing the orders placed through the e-commerce facility, namely the User’s personal information and credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Provider and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number will be made known to third parties delivering the product. Credit card details are not kept by the Provider under any circumstances.
The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User’s electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her device.
Information regarding the operating systems, browsers and IP origins of the users of this website is collected for statistical reporting purposes. No personal information regarding the users of this website is obtained aside from that which is freely given by the user. This information, namely email addresses and cellphone numbers, will not be given or sold to any third parties and will be used solely for the purposes of sending communication / weekly specials via them. You have the option to opt out at any time by replying ‘STOP’ to the SMSes or e-mails that we send you.
When subscribing to our newsletter or entering your phone number when creating an account, you consent to receive communications from us via email or SMS. You will be able to, at all times, opt out of either of these forms of communication.
All online credit card payments are processed by the PayU Payment Gateway. Card Holders may go to www.payu.co.za to view PayU’s security policies.
What is Collected?
The following information may be collected:
- Email address
- Demographic information such as the physical address for delivery purposes
- Any other information supplied on the user profile
What do we do with this information:
- Record keeping
- Periodically send promotional emails and special offers.
- SMS- To opt out please reply to SMS with Stop. Clients will not be billed for any fees charged by service providers for these SMS’s. Decofurn covers the cost of all Opt Out messages
- Email- to opt out please contact us on email@example.com or edit your preferences by clicking on the links at the bottom of the emails received.
- Marketing, based on your consent we send you our product offerings, promotions, and special offerings.
- From time to time, we may use your information for market research purposes such as surveys. We may contact you via email, phone, or mail. We may use this information to customise our website/ store according to your interests. Should you wish not to receive these, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Is this secure?
We are committed to ensure that information provided to us is secure. We have put in place suitable procedures (physical and electronic) to protect and secure the information we collect.
- Cookies help us create, develop, and understand your purchasing behaviour enabling us to provide you with a more personalised experience. * A cookie does not in any way allow us access to your device.
- Cookies allow us to analyse website visits and usage data to understand product preferences and appeal. This allows us to improve our website for you.
Management of your Personal Information
- By providing your personal information on our various platforms, you agree that we are able to process your information to allow you an enhanced online experience.
- Processing your information allows us to provide goods and services to you.
- Comply with required law.
- Use of your personal information will be used in accordance with our legitimate interests and legal obligations.
- We may share some of your personal information to our service providers, auditors, consultants, agents if they are under contract to provide services to or for us, including deliveries, returns, information hosting, development, IT infrastructure and other technical and support related services.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you may provide to that website.
Recording of Calls and CCTV footage
- Telephone calls to our call centre, head office or stores may be monitored and/or recorded. This is used for quality improvement purposes and for any regulatory requirement.
- We may record your whereabouts on our CCTV cameras whilst at our head office, stores and distribution centre.